Templates and Resources
All resources and templates are free to download.
Community Kitchens Manual 2016 – This comprehensive manual provides all the information, resources and templates required to start up a Community Kitchen. A version without templates is also available.
Community Kitchen Quick Guide – This brief 2 pager outlines how to set up a Community Kitchen.
Holding a Forum
- Introductory Power Point Presentation Template – power point that can be used by Community Kitchen Coordinators or organisations interested in setting up one or more Community Kitchens.
- Small Group Discussion Activity – start brainstorming who a new Community Kitchen is being run for, when it will run, and what resources will be needed.
- Forum Evaluation Template – this template can help to evaluate your forum.
- Expression Of Interest Template – identify if any forum participants would like to be involved in Community Kitchens.
Set up a Community Kitchen
- Setting Up A New Community Kitchen Checklist – this checklist will guide you through the steps for starting up a new Community Kitchen.
- Expression of Interest Form – find out if there is interest for the set up of a Community Kitchen
- Kitchen Assessment Checklist – assess whether a kitchen you have in mind for a Community Kitchen is suitable.
- Common Kitchen Equipment List – this list provides a list of kitchen equipment commonly used by Community Kitchens.
- Common Pantry Staples List – this list provides a list of foods commonly found in Community Kitchen pantries.
- Group Leader Position Description – this template outlines the roles and responsibilities of a group leader and can be used when recruiting.
- Community Kitchens Promotional Brochure – this brochure can be used to advertise a Community Kitchen. Simply add the Community Kitchens details to the back of the brochure.
- Community Kitchen Logo – feel free to use the logo on promotional materials or resources you develop.
Run a Community Kitchen
- Participant Registration Form – collect important details from participants when they first attend your Community Kitchen.
- Attendance Record Template – record who attends your Community Kitchen.
- Meal Plan Template – plan what recipes will be cooked and when.
- Shopping List Template – identify what ingredients will be needed to cook planned recipes.
- Money Record Template – keep track of money in and money out of the Kitchen.
- Certificate of Participation – certificates of participation that can be given to participants.
- Evaluation: Group Leader Survey Template – check that the Community Kitchen is on track by completing this survey after each session.
- Evaluation: Participant Survey Template – check that the Community Kitchen is on track by completing this survey with participants every now and again.
- Community Kitchens Recipe Book 2017 – prepared by a dietitian and includes easy and healthy affordable recipes with clear pictures and instructions.
- Healthy BBQ Kit – provides individuals, families and community groups with tips and ideas to help turn the traditional barbecue into a healthier meal.
- Cooking for One (or Two) – a recipe book which includes simple, low cost and nutritious recipes, that serves one to two people.
- Community Kitchens Budgeting Book 2014 – The budgeting book provides practical tips and information to plan healthy affordable meals on a budget.
- Healthy Eating: Modifying Recipes Factsheet
- Healthy Eating: Traffic Light System Factsheet
- Healthy Eating: Healthy Cooking Methods Factsheet
- Keeping Costs Down Factsheet